Beaumaris Cricket Club was established in 1937 by Jack and Alan (Ben) Cameron of Keefer Brothers (then operating at Martin Street, Beaumaris). BCC was named Cricket Victoria’s club of the year in 2006.Currently BCC fields 17 sides, 5 senior teams and has a record number of juniors in participation with over 170 juniors fielding 12 junior teams.BCC also conducts Bayside Cricket Victoria Milo Kids program.
The Beaumaris Football Club (BFC) was formed at a meeting held at the Beaumaris RSL Club in August 1962 and was attended mainly by ex-servicemen who had moved into this largely undeveloped area with their young families. Beaumaris FC currently fields 6 senior teams including one womens' and 2 U/19s in the VAFA. The junior football club fields some 27 junior teams and is recognized as the second largest junior AFL football Club in Victoria and perhaps Australia!BFC conducts AFL Auskick with over 220 children participating.
The Beaumaris Lawn Tennis Club (BLTC) unofficially commenced in 1936 with 2 asphalt tennis courts located at Ricketts Point (opposite Reserve Road). In 1954 the Parents and Citizens Group of Beaumaris, of which one of our earliest Presidents, Nick Fermanis, was a member, sent out a notice calling a meeting of people interested in forming a tennis club at the Olive Phillips Kindergarten. Today the club members enjoy 13 courts including 3 new plexicushion courts and 10 en tout-cas courts with lights. BLTC is the only Club in Victoria that offers Tennis Australia recommended surfaces in en-tout-ca and plexicushion.
68 Oak St, Beaumaris
03 8544 5400